Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nike LeBron X iD Spotlight

This week, I am again not going to be doing a week in review segment. However, I will be spotlighting another sneaker and this week I have chosen the LeBron X iD which released on Tuesday the 9th of October. The sneakers are designed for LeBron James of the Miami Heat and are made by Nike Basketball. The colorways I will be showing to you are made by myself via NikeiD.com and are the standard $220 version without Nike+ Basketball.

The LeBron X comes in 3 versions a Non-Nike+ model (retail: $180, iD: $220), a Nike+ Model without the Nike+ Sport Pack (retail: $200, iD: $240), and a Nike+ Model with the Sport Pack (retail:$270, iD: $310). The difference in pricing of iD and retail is due to the fact that iD are custom made colorways designed specifically for the buyer and not sold in stores. A retail pair is sold in stores such as Champs, Niketown, and Footlocker.

The first colorway I designed took inspiration from the Nike Air Yeezy 2 Platinum (pictured below). The Yeezy 2 featured an all grey snakeskin upper, a bright orange sock liner, and a glow in the dark outsole. My iD LeBron X is designed the same way, minus a glow in the dark outsole.



The second colorway I designed was a simple black upper, with touches of orange and purple. It was inspired by a Phoenix Sun's Jersey (pictured below). I really enjoy this colorway because while being black the bright tones of orange and purple really "pop".


source: http://www.oufaner.com/images/Phoenix%20Suns%20Barkley%20Retro%20Jersey%2034%20Black.jpg

The next colorway of Lebron X iD's were inspired by the Paranorman Foamposite's. Although I could not replicate the electric green flames, I added as much bright neon accents as I could. I also could not replicate the green to the exact shade of green used on the Paranormans. This personally could have been better with a more customizable shoe.




No comments:

Post a Comment